Golf Themed Cruises 2011
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011
How about trying several different golf courses in different ports of call while on one vacation? There's no need to give up your golf game while on a cruise. You could actually have some of your best golfing experiences ever while on board ship and ashore.
NCL Golf - As the official cruise line of the PGA TOUR and Champions Tour, NCL offers a fantastic golf experience during your cruise in Bermuda and Hawaii with the following items included:
- Access to top courses in Hawaii and Bermuda
- Certified golf instruction with trained golf professionals on board to service you every day of your cruise
- Guided VIP golf excursions with personalized expertise
- Sophisticated golf academy experience using the V1 Digital Coaching system to help improve your game during your vacation
- Complete Nike Golf club and shoe rentals and the custom order equipment program allow you to enjoy the very best irons, drivers, golf balls and more
- Priority tee times
- Transfers between ship and courses
- Club valet and storage (only available aboard Pride of America in Hawaii.)
Golf Simulators, Putting Greens and Driving Cages - Improve your game with these facilities aboard ship. Costa Favolosa will introduce the most advanced golf simulator at sea when she enters service in July, 2011. You'll also find simulators aboard some ships in the Princess and Royal Caribbean fleets. Putting greens and driving cages are found on many ships. Putting areas range from decorated mini-golf courses to greens for the serious putter.
Golf Excursions- You'll be surprised at just how many excellent courses are offered on excursions from your ship around the world. Here are three enticing examples:
- St. Andrews - Home of Golf, Scotland, Princess Cruises - Visit the ancestral home of golf on this full day excursion from Edinburgh. Visit the old medieval cathedral town, the site of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews and the incomparable Old Course. Tour the British Golf Museum, photograph the facade of the venerable Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, stroll a portion of the Old Course and browse the town's shops.
- Signature Golf Package, Hamilton, Bermuda, Holland America Line - There are several golf excursions offered in Bermuda by HAL but this is the most special. Play with the Premier of Bermuda, the Honorable Dr. Ewart F. Brown, on the Port Royal Golf Course, home of the 2009 and 2010 PGA Grand Slam Championships. Your day begins with a tour of the Cabinet Building followed by a round of golf with the Premier on this outstanding course then ends with a cigar and glass of champagne in the limo en route back to the ship.
- Golf at the Denarau Golf & Racquet Club, Fiji, Princess Cruises - Your outing includes roundtrip transportation to and from the club, green fees, club rental if required, access to the practice range, balls, tees and cart. Lunch is served in the clubhouse.
Golf Theme Cruises- Enjoy a more intense golf experience on golf theme cruises. Crystal brings golf celebrities, PGA pros and qualified instructors on board to discuss the Tour and offer professional tips to improve your game. Optional Crystal Adventures® take you to some of the world's most exclusive courses. Available in 2011 on the following sailings:
- April 24, 2011, 14 days, round-trip Los Angeles to Hawaii aboard Crystal Symphony
- July 22, 2011, 11 days, round-trip from Dover to the British Isles aboard Crystal Serenity
- Nov 27, 2011, 11 days, Barcelona to Lisbon via Spain, Morocco, the Canary Islands and Madeira aboard Crystal Serenity
Again, cruising offers many great options for those with a special interest. We can help you narrow down the choices for a golf vacation you'll never forget.